Terms of Service
Welcome to Showroom! Showroom is a styling community connecting people to discover & share their look for every moment in their lives. To do that, we show you things we think will be relevant, interesting and personal to you based on your onsite and offsite activity. To provide our Service, we need to be able to identify you and your interests. Some of the things we show you are promoted by advertisers. As part of our service we try to ensure that even promoted content is relevant and interesting to you. You can identify promoted content because it will be clearly labelled.
These Terms of Service (the “Terms” or the “Agreement“) set forth the binding legal agreement between you and Showroom Co. The Agreement governs your use of www.theshowroom.io and all of the related websites, mobile apps, products and services offered by Showroom, including our plug-ins and embedded content made available on other sites (collectively, the “Showroom Platform“).
We encourage you to review this Agreement carefully. Any use of the Showroom Platform, including browsing www.theshowroom.io, shall be governed by the Agreement. If you do not agree to any of the Terms, you should stop using the Showroom Platform.
Using the Showroom Platform
- Who can use it – You must be at least the age of majority in the state where you live to use the Showroom Platform. Use of the Showroom Platform by anyone under 13 years of age is strictly prohibited!
- Acceptable Use Policy – When using the Showroom Platform, you agree to abide by common standards of etiquette and act in accordance with the law.
- Termination – You may close your account at any time by sending an email to [email protected] requesting to terminate your account. We may permanently or temporarily suspend your use of the site or the service at any time for any reason, without any notice or liability to you. We may terminate your account at any time for any or no reason, including if you violate any Showroom policy.
- Feedback – We welcome your feedback and suggestions about how to improve the Showroom Platform. Feel free to submit feedback at https://www.theshowroom.io/contact-us By submitting feedback in this or in any other manner to us, you agree to grant us the right, at our discretion, to use, disclose and otherwise exploit the feedback, in whole or part, without any restriction or compensation to you.
- Definition of Your Content. The Showroom Platform enables you to post or directly send to Showroom materials, including without limitation photos, profile pictures, messages, links and commentary. All materials that you post on the Showroom Platform will be referred to collectively as “Your Content.” You acknowledge and agree that, as part of using the Showroom Platform, Your Content may be viewed by the general public and will not be treated as private or confidential.
- License and Permission to Use Your Content. You hereby grant to us and our affiliates, licensees and sublicensees, without compensation to you or others, a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, worldwide license (including the right to sublicense through multiple tiers) to use, reproduce, process, adapt, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, prepare derivative works, publish, transmit and distribute Your Content, or any portion thereof, throughout the world in any format, media or distribution method (whether now known or hereafter created) for the duration of any copyright or other rights in Your Content. Such permission will be perpetual and may not be revoked for any reason, to the maximum extent permitted by law. Further, to the extent permitted under applicable law, you waive and release and covenant not to assert any moral rights that you may have in Your Content. If you identify yourself by name or provide a picture or audio or video recording of yourself, you further authorize us and our affiliates, licensees and sublicensees, without compensation to you or others, to reproduce, print, publish and disseminate in any format or media (whether now known or hereafter created) your name, voice and likeness throughout the world, and such permission will be perpetual and cannot be revoked for any reason, except as required by the applicable law. You further agree that we may use Your Content in any manner that we deem appropriate or necessary.
- Ownership – We acknowledge and agree that you, or your licensors, as applicable, retain ownership of any and all copyrights in Your Content, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted to us in the paragraph above, and that no ownership of such copyrights is transferred to us under this agreement. Further, with respect to Your Content in the form of photos, and subject to Showroom product and user experience considerations: (a) we will use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the attribution of such photos as submitted by you, and (b) we will not license or sublicense to third parties individual photos or collections of photos, except in each case for Showroom Business Purposes. “Showroom Business Purposes” means any use in connection with a Showroom-branded or co-branded website, application, publication or service, or any use which advertises, markets or promotes the Showroom Platform, the services or the information it contains, Showroom, or its affiliates. Showroom Business Purpose specifically includes the use of Your Content on the Showroom Platform in connection with features and functions offered by Showroom to our users that enable them to view and interact with Your Content
- Your Responsibilities for Your Content. By posting Your Content on the Showroom Platform, you represent and warrant to us that you have the ownership rights, or you have obtained all needed licenses or permissions from any necessary parties, to use Your Content in this manner. This includes obtaining the right to grant us the rights to the use of Your Content in accordance with this agreement. You are in the best position to judge whether Your Content is in violation of intellectual property or personal rights of any third-party. You accept full responsibility for avoiding infringement of the intellectual property or personal rights of others in connection with Your Content. You are responsible for ensuring that your content does not violate any applicable law or regulation. You agree to pay all royalties, fees and any other monies owed to any person by reason of Your Content.
- Limits – We reserve the right to edit, abridge, or remove Your Content, in whole or part, for any reason. We reserve the right to edit, refuse to post or remove Your Content submitted by you for any reason without notice. We do not guarantee that we will publish all of Your Content.
Our Content and Materials
- Definition of Our Content and Materials. All intellectual property in or related to the Showroom Platform (specifically including, but not limited to, our software, the Showroom marks, the Showroom logo, and Showroom buttons, badges, and widgets, but excluding Your Content), is the property of Showroom Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates or its licensors (“Our Content and Materials“).
- No Endorsement or Verification. Please note that the Showroom Platform enables access to third-party content, products and services, and it offers interactions with third-parties over which we have no control. We assume no responsibility for, nor do we endorse or verify the content, offerings or conduct of third-parties (including but not limited to the products or services offered by third-parties or the descriptions of the products or services offered by third-parties). For example, Showroom does not conduct background checks or otherwise vet the community members, brands, retailers or professionals listed on the Showroom Platform. Participation or availability on the Showroom Platform does not amount to endorsement or verification by us. We make no warranties or representations with respect to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any content posted on the Showroom Platform by anyone.
- Restrictions. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, you agree not to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, sell, license, reverse engineer, decompile, or otherwise exploit Our Content and Materials without our express written permission. Showroom’s permission to you for your use of the Showroom Platform expressly excludes commercial use by you of any information concerning product descriptions or professional listings for the benefit of another merchant. You expressly are prohibited from any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools in your use of the Showroom Platform. You may view and print a reasonable number of copies of web pages located on the Showroom Platform for your own personal use, provided that you retain all proprietary notices contained in the original materials, including attribution to Showroom.
- Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that the Showroom Platform and Showroom marks will remain the property of Showroom. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Showroom Platform.
Other Offerings on the Showroom Platform
- Embed Tool. If you are a user of the embed tool, which enables you to link to content on the Showroom Platform, you understand and agree that we cannot guarantee that the content, which originates from third-parties, is non-infringing or will be free from claims about infringement. Such third-party content may be subject to takedown by us at any time, in accordance with our policies, if we receive a notice of infringement.
- Third-Party Services. You may be provided the opportunity on the Showroom Platform to purchase services that are offered by third parties (collectively “Third Party Services“). The availability of any Third Party Services on the Showroom Platform does not imply our endorsement of the Third Party Services.
Reporting Violations of Your Intellectual Property Rights, Showroom Policies, or Applicable Laws
- We have a special process for reporting violations of your intellectual property rights or other violations of Showroom policies or applicable laws.
- Copyright and Trademark Policy. We have adopted and implemented a copyright and trademark policy. For more information, including detailed information about how to submit a request for takedown if you believe content on the Showroom Platform infringes your intellectual property rights, please contact us at [email protected]
- Reports of Other Violations. If you believe content on the Showroom Platform violates Showroom’s acceptable use policies, or otherwise violates applicable law, you may report us directly at [email protected] .
We have no obligation to delete content that you personally may find objectionable or offensive. We endeavor to respond promptly to requests for content removal, consistent with our policies described above and applicable law.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF SHOWROOM ENTITIES TO YOU.
THE “SHOWROOM ENTITIES” MEANS SHOWROOM CO, AND ANY SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RELATED COMPANIES, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND PARTNERS, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM. EACH PROVISION BELOW APPLIES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW:
- WE ARE PROVIDING YOU THE SHOWROOM PLATFORM, SERVICES, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS, AND THIRD-PARTY CONTENT ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SHOWROOM ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE SERVICE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR TRADE USAGE.
- THE SHOWROOM ENTITIES MAKE NO PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FOR: (i) CONTENT POSTED BY ANY THIRD-PARTY ON THE SHOWROOM PLATFORM, (ii) THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS OR PRODUCTS, (iii) THIRD-PARTY SITES AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT OR SERVICE LISTED ON OR ACCESSIBLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE, (iv) PLANTS OR SEEDS FROM THE EXCHANGES, AND (v) THE QUALITY OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY YOU ENCOUNTER IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
- YOU AGREE THAT UNDER THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SHOWROOM ENTITIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT THE SHOWROOM ENTITIES SPECIFICALLY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR LOSS OF DATA (EVEN IF THE SHOWROOM ENTITIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE) ARISING OUT OF AND IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SHOWROOM PLATFORM OR PRODUCTS. YOUR USE OF THE SHOWROOM PLATFORM, PRODUCTS, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
You agree to fully indemnify, defend, and hold the Showroom Entities and their directors, officers, employees, consultants, and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from: (a) your breach of any part of this agreement (b) any allegation that any materials you submit to us or transmit to the Showroom Platform infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; (c) your activities in connection with the Showroom Platform or other websites to which the Showroom Platform is linked; and/or (d) your negligent or willful misconduct.
If you have a dispute with Showroom, you agree to contact us through [email protected] to attempt to resolve the issue informally first. If we are not able to resolve the dispute informally, then this section will govern any legal dispute that relates to the Showroom Platform or involves our services.
- Binding Arbitration. You and Showroom agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement or to your use of the Showroom Platform (collectively “Disputes“) will be settled by binding arbitration, except that each party retains the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation, or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property rights. This means that you and Showroom both agree to waive the right to a trial by jury.
- Class Action Waiver. You and Showroom agree that any proceedings to resolve Disputes will be conducted on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated, or representative action. This means that you and Showroom both agree to waive the right to participate as a plaintiff as a class member in any class action proceeding. Further, unless you and Showroom agree otherwise in writing, the arbitrator in any Dispute may not consolidate more than one person’s claims and may not preside over any form of class action proceeding.
- Arbitration Administration and Rules. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA“) in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the “AAA Rules“) then in effect, except as modified by this “Dispute Resolution’ section. (The AAA Rules are available at http://www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879).
- Arbitration Process. A party who desires to initiate the arbitration must provide the other party with a written Demand for Arbitration as specified in the AAA Rules. The arbitrator will be either a retired judge or an attorney licensed to practice law in the state of California and will be selected by the parties from the AAA’s roster of arbitrators with relevant experience. If the parties are unable to agree upon an arbitrator within 7 days of delivery of the Demand for Arbitration, then the AAA will appoint the arbitrator in accordance with AAA Rules.
- Arbitration Location and Procedure. Unless you and Showroom agree otherwise, the seat of the arbitration shall be in San Francisco, California. If your claim does not exceed USD$10,000, then the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents you and Showroom submit to the arbitrator, unless you request a hearing and the arbitrator then determines that a hearing is necessary. If your claim exceeds USD$10,000, your right to a hearing will be determined by AAA Rules. Subject to AAA Rules, the arbitrator will have the discretion to direct a reasonable exchange of information by the parties, consistent with the expedited nature of the arbitration. Hearings may be conducted by telephone or video conference, if requested and agreed to by the parties.
- Arbitrator’s Decision and Governing Law. The arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator will render an award within the timeframe specified in the AAA Rules. Judgment on the arbitration may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Any award of damages by an arbitrator must be consistent with the “Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability” section above. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief in favor of the claimant only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the claimant’s individual claim.
- Fees. Each party’s responsibility to pay the arbitration filing, administrative and arbitrator fees will depend on the circumstances of the arbitration and are set forth in the AAA Rules.
- Application Provider Terms. If you access the Showroom Platform through a Showroom application, you acknowledge that this agreement is between you and Showroom only, and not with another application service or application platform provider (such as Apple, Inc. or Google Inc.), which may provide you the application subject to its own terms.
- Controlling Law and Jurisdiction. This agreement will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California and the United States of America, without regard to their conflict-of-law provisions. You and we agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of a federal or state court located in San Francisco, California for any actions for which the arbitration provision, as set forth in Section 8, does not apply.
- Changes. We reserve the right at any time to:
- change the terms and conditions of this Agreement, consistent with applicable law;
- change the Showroom Platform, including eliminating or discontinuing any information or services or other features in whole or in part; and
- deny or terminate your Showroom account, or use of and access to the Showroom Platform.
- Languages. English is the authoritative text of this Agreement and all communications, notices, arbitrations and other actions and proceedings relating to this Agreement will be made and conducted in English, even if we choose to provide translations of this Agreement into the native languages in certain countries.
- Assignment. No terms of this Agreement, nor any right, obligation, or remedy hereunder is assignable, transferable, delegable, or sublicensable by you except with Showroom’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, transfer, delegation, or sublicense shall be null and void. Showroom may assign, transfer, or delegate this Agreement or any right or obligation or remedy hereunder in its sole discretion.
- Waiver. Our failure to assert a right or provision under this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Headings. Any heading, caption, or section title contained is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof.
- Further Assurances. You agree to execute a hard copy of this Agreement and any other documents, and take any actions at our expense that we may request to confirm and effect the intent of this Agreement and any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement/ Severability. This Agreement supersedes all prior terms, agreements, discussions and writings regarding the Showroom Platform and constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the Showroom Platform. If any part of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, then that part will not affect the enforceability of the remaining parts of the Agreement, which will remain in full force and effect.
- Survival: The following provisions will survive expiration or termination of this Agreement: Section 2 (Your Content), Section 3(d)(Restrictions) and 3(e)(ownership), Section 6 (Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability), Section 7 (Indemnification), Section 8 (Dispute Resolution) and Section 10 (Miscellaneous).
- Contact. Feel free to contact us by visiting https://www.theshowroom.io/contact-us with any questions about this agreement.
Last modified as of August 31, 2018